Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #79 - The Faerie Tree by Jane Cable


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. 

Synopsis from publisher:

How can a memory so vivid be wrong?

I tried to remember the first time I’d been here and to see the tree through Izzie’s eyes. The oak stood on a rise just above the path; not too tall or wide but graceful and straight, its trunk covered in what I can only describe as offerings – pieces of ribbon, daisy chains, a shell necklace, a tiny doll or two and even an old cuckoo clock.
"Why do people do this?" Izzie asked.
I winked at her. "To say thank you to the fairies."

In the summer of 1986 Robin and Izzie hold hands under The Faerie Tree and wish for a future together. Within hours, tragedy rips their dreams apart.

In the winter of 2006, each carrying their own burden of grief, they stumble back into each other’s lives and try to create a second chance. But why are their memories of 1986 so different? And which one of them is right?

With strong themes of paganism, love and grief, The Faerie Tree is a novel as gripping and unputdownable as Jane Cable’s first book, The Cheesemaker’s House, which won the Suspense & Crime category of The Alan Titchmarsh Show’s People’s Novelist competition. It is a story that will resonate with fans of romance, suspense, and folklore.

Why am I interested in this mystery? The last line of the blurb gets it for me. I particularly like that it will resonate with fans of suspense and folklore. Generally speaking, it sounds like an interesting plot. And I am wanting to find out what happened in 1986, and what will happen now that they are back in the same place again.

What book are you waiting on this week? Leave it or a link in the comments so we can check it out. Happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds so unique and very tempting. Thanks for sharing...and enjoy. And here's mine: “THE NEW NEIGHBOR”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yours sounds interesting this week as well. I like that it's a 90 something in the role of the nosey neighbor. Get a different perspective that way I think.

      Delete
  2. I agree. I'd want to find out the same things. That tree sounds interesting and a little eerie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how spooky your choice, House of Echoes, sounds. Thanks for sharing it on your WoW.

      Delete
  3. I love the word you used to describe it. "Unputdownable." It's just too perfect!!! My WoW: http://thebookworm-blog.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-evil-spy-school.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, I wish I had coined the word, but it was used in the blurb. I hope yours will be as page turning as this one looks to be. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete