Thursday, May 28, 2015

2015 Armchair BEA day 2 - Social Media

How do you use social media to expand your blogging/writing horizons?  Social Media is all about networking and connections, and utilizing today's technology to the fullest.  Make sure you mention your own social media pages. Do you have another blog, maybe a Tumblr? Have a Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook? Or maybe there's an underrated social media program that you like.

OK. I use a variety of social media, but I don't use them all for blogging. I do use Goodreads.com as Laura Jennison both for posting reviews and keeping track of books. I use twitter mostly for promoting blog entries. But I also follow a fair number of authors, publishers, and bloggers. I am @ljennison on twitter. I have a pinterest account, but I mainly use it for curating things of interest to me rather than for blog promotion. I use facebook both for keeping in touch with family and friends and for promoting blog entries. I use Google+ for promoting blog entries and following other bloggers, authors, and publishers. I have a tumblr account, but I don't update it as often as I should.  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ljennison

I don't know if you would consider Bloglovin social media, but I like it for following other people and having people follow me. And I like using comment luv on my blog to be able to see recent posts by other people who have visited and commented on my blog.

And that's pretty much the extent of my social media. How do you use social media? Do we use any of the same ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment