Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #236: Venom in the Veins by Jennifer Estep


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Blood might be thicker than water, but venom is stronger than just about anything …

It was supposed to be a nice, quiet, simple dinner with friends—but nothing is ever nice, quiet, or simple when you’re Gin Blanco, the Spider, notorious assassin and current queen of the Ashland underworld.

This time around, someone seems to be targeting Stuart Mosley, the president of First Trust bank. Lots of people have grudges against Mosley, but the more I investigate, the more Mosley’s problems seem to be connected to some of my own, especially when it comes to the Circle, the evil, shadowy group that is secretly responsible for much of the crime and corruption in Ashland.

But when another blast from my dark and deadly past as the Spider comes to light, I wonder if I’ll be able to survive this dangerous new enemy, who has a burning thirst for revenge that will only be satisfied with one thing: my death.


Venom in the Veins by Jennifer Estep is expected to be released June 12th, 2018. It is book #17 in the Elemental Assassin series.

Why am I waiting on this one? I've been enjoying the Elemental Assassin series. I'm looking forward to seeing where this installment takes Gin and her friends and family. I love that in addition to being a busy assassin and leader in the criminal underworld of the city, she is also a restaurant owner/operator. She is a busy, complex woman with friends and family that care about her and she about them. And this is an excellent urban fantasy series well worth the time to check it out.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Laura I've heard great things about Elemental series.


    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've heard good things about the superhero books that you've spotlighted this week with Catwoman. Hope you enjoy your read!

      Delete
  2. There are so many books in this series that it's kind of intimidating but I have heard great things. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete