Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #238: Girl at the Grave by Teri Bailey Black


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Early Libba Bray meets Stalking Jack the Ripper and William Ritter’s Jackaby series in this richly atmospheric Gothic tale of murder and romance in 1850s New England

Valentine has spent years trying to outrun her mother's legacy. But small towns have long memories, and when a new string of murders occurs, all signs point to the daughter of a murderer. 

Only one person believes Valentine is innocent—Rowan Blackshaw, the son of the man her mother killed all those years ago. Valentine vows to find the real killer, but when she finally uncovers the horrifying truth, she must choose to face her own dark secrets, even if it means losing Rowan in the end.

Debut author Terri Bailey Black unearths the long-buried secrets of a small New England town in this richly atmospheric Gothic tale of murder, guilt, redemption, and finding love where least expected.


Girl at the Grave by Teri Bailey Black is expected to be released August 7th, 2018 from Tor Teen.

Why am I waiting on this one? It sounds like a good mystery/thriller novel. I like the cover; it has a Gothic feel to it. I have enjoyed Gothic stories in the past, so there's a good chance I will like this one as well. And it's a debut novel. I like reading new authors.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. This one had me at Gothic, murder and New England in the 1850's. I want to read this one too! I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I hope we both enjoy the Brief Cases by Jim Butcher that you're waiting on this week as well. Have a good week!

      Delete
  2. I just got approved for an arc today - I'm thrilled. I featured this one some time ago and yep, it had me at Gothic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we both enjoy it! Your pick this week sounds perfect for you too.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, creepy cover! Loving the gothic feel to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely did good with the cover art for this book.

      Delete